VeloVision #30, June '08: everything indy bike!
May 08, 2009
"VeloVision" is the only full-coverage magazine of indy bike culture out there today. OK, some nice ones come close (like "Momentum" from Canada...uh, that's it), and VV doesn't cover racing, and no one is perfect, but VV is darn good!
Details: condition: new; 64 pages; full color; oversize 9" x 11".
Description: VeloVision emphasizes transport, not sport. It's about citybikes, commuters, family solutions, workbikes---and recreation. Fun bikes. Innovation all the way.
Versatile child-front Kidztandems, Internal Folding in Taipei, Redmount retires, Lovebikes and Bike Cave, and more…
8 Rickshaws on the roof of the world
Claude Marthaler brings us a remarkable report from Lhasa, Tibet, where rickshaw riders pedal for their lives amid political and economic turmoil
12 Review: Santos Dual Travel Rohloff
All aboard this tandem for a scenic tour, steam trains and more…
18 Review: Windcheetah SportCompact
Reviewing the new recumbent trike from AVD - have they shrunk the wheels but kept the magic?
22 Review: Koga Vector
Testing this top-end town bike with its innovative features.
26 Review: Challenge Seiran 24
Can the dual 24" wheels on this recumbent bike bring the highracer to the masses?
30 Short reviews:
- 30 The SON Edelux headlight, and Green Oil
- 32 Books galore: family bikes, touring and coffee table cycling
- 34 DIY handlebar mods, Satori stem raiser, and Panaracer's new 349 tyre
36 SPEZI 2008
Full report from the German show, and a quick look back at the Velo Vision coach trip…
42 Readers' Bikes
- 42 M5 Carbon High Racer: is rolling resistance a big deal after all?
- 44 Kettwiesel AL and Follow-Me trailerbike adaptor: owners report
- 46 Cadenzas on tour: Dahon's full-size folders India-tested
High voltage pedalling, tricycle tales, the half link chain and more…